Frequenty asked questions
1. Is your degree a “regular” Charles University M.A. degree? Has the programme been accredited?
Yes, all the Master’s Degree programmes offered by the Institute of International Studies, Charles University are accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports.
2. When will the next chance for participating in the programme be?
The Master’s Degree programmes start every year in October. Check our website for calls for applications and deadlines.
3. Do I need to speak Czech to attend your programme?
No prior knowledge of Czech is necessary to attend our MA programmes. See the admission requirements of the specific programme of interest.
4. Is there an age limit for applicants?
We don’t have any age limit.
5. Will I be helped in visa matters?
We are ready to help should any problem arise. Information about residence permits and visas is available here.
6. Are programme costs tax deductible?
This possibility depends upon the tax laws in your home country. In the Czech Republic, tuition can be claimed as a deduction on your Czech tax declaration.
7. When does the term start? What are the term dates for the next academic year?
The academic year at Charles University runs from October to June. One academic year is divided into two semesters – winter and summer (each includes 15 weeks of instruction and five-week examination period).
Winter semester: First Monday in October (unless the first Monday is 30 September) to the second Friday in January; Examination period: Third Monday in January to third Friday in February
Summer semester: Third Monday in February to the third Friday in May; Examination period: fourth Monday in May to the end of June
Please note that dates may vary according to the year and/or the individual faculty rules. Organization of the actual academic year can be found here.
Last updated 16. 2. 2020.